Team PI (Program Increment) Business Objective Value could be viewed from various perspectives. Here are the different perspectives for consideration when assigning team PI business objective value:
- Market Value — the functionality is a market differentiator?
- Efficiency Value — the functionality reduces operating cost?
- Regulatory Value — the functionality, if not deployed, results in fines?
- Commercial Value — the functionality brings new or maintain revenue?
- Future Value — the functionality enables or realizes future value?
For ‘Planned Business Value’, assign a value from 1 to 10 range… 1 being least valuable; 10 being most valuable.
For ‘Actual Business Value’, assign a value from 0 to 10 range… considering the aforementioned business value perspectives AND what — i.e. the working software — has actually been delivered to satisfy those business objectives.